Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just A Normal Day





Did I every mention just how much my babies love dum-dums? Well, they LOVE them. For Halloween I bought a 5 pound bag of them. The other day I walked into the room and Hannah had opened at least 20 of them until she found the flavor that she wanted. Well, today they each had a sucker and we went outside to play. Do I even have to tell you what a kid and a sucker look like after playing in the sand box???
That just started the day. I got them in, cleaned them up and went into the kitchen to make lunch. Jack was with me and I THOUGHT Hannah was just playing in the playroom. Well.....this is what I walked in to. Hannah had a dark brown marker and had covered her arms and some of her face. I will give her credit, she didn't get any on her clothes!

She amazes me everyday. Monday we were grocery shopping. Before we left she had picked a piece of candy out of her pumpkin to take with us. It was gum! I told her that it was gum and she couldn't have it because she couldn't swallow gum and she just wasn't old enough. Well, we get into the store and start shopping. I look at her and she is chewing on something. I ask her what is in her mouth and she opens it and there is that darn gum! Now, mind you, it has been about a hour since she had it. I told her that when she was finished to tell Mommy so I could throw it away. About 5 minutes later she opened her mouth and pointed to the gum. She was done! What a big girl!!!

Jack is my little "helper". He will stand on the dishwasher door and help me unload the dishwasher. Yep, he doesn't care if they are clean, dirty, breakable or whatever he just throws them either in the sink, on the counter or on the floor. He also helps me dust the hanging light above the breakfast table. Yep, he climbs onto the table and will just spin that light fixture so that all the dust just flies off. Today, he wanted to surprise me by cleaning my toilet. He wanted to get it extra clean, so he used MY TOOTHBRUSH!!!! What a little helper!

On the bright side, he is funny and loveable. He and Hannah are actually starting to play together. She didn't even get mad when he wanted to wear part of her Halloween costume.

1 comment:

IamtheMom said...

Oddly, that looks just like a normal day around here!